MMR Ranks Sixth in Baton Rouge Business Report’s Top 100 Private Companies
Friday, August 10, 2018
BATON ROUGE, La. – MMR announced today that it ranks sixth on the Baton Rouge Business Report’s Top 100 Private Companies in the Capital Region. The impressive ranking is based on annual revenue earned, which totaled $650 million in 2017. In addition, MMR is the sixth largest electrical contractor in the nation for the second consecutive year according to the prestigious annual rankings released by Engineering News-Record (ENR).
View the Baton Rouge Business Report’s Top 100 Private Companies full report here.
“MMR is honored to be recognized among an elite group of companies in the Capital Region, and we look forward to continued growth as we expand our operations to meet the needs of our clients,” said MMR President/CEO James B. “Pepper” Rutland.
Over the last year, MMR has experienced substantial growth, achieving these notable accomplishments:
• MMR remains the sixth largest electrical contractor in the nation for the second consecutive year according to the prestigious annual rankings released by ENR.
• MMR is nationally recognized with an Eagle Award and Productivity Award at the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) Excellence in Construction Awards Program. ABC’s exclusive awards competition recognizes the construction industries most innovative and high quality projects, safety and diversity programs across the nation.
• MMR is recognized for the second consecutive year by the Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) for its investment in workforce development programs that include recruitment, assessment, training, career path development and employee retention.
• MMR opens a 30,000 square-foot Integration Center at its headquarters, filling a need in the Gulf Coast region by providing enhanced panel capabilities to industrial clients which were not previously offered at the local level.
• MMR expands its operations by opening three branch offices in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania and Panamá City, Panamá.
• James B. “Pepper” Rutland, MMR president and CEO is inducted into the Louisiana State University (LSU) College of Engineering Hall of Distinction.
• MMR establishes two new state-of-the-art learning spaces, the MMR Building Simulation and Information Modeling (BIM) Construction Management Studio and MMR Advanced Materials and Methods Laboratory, in the LSU College of Engineering’s Patrick F. Taylor Hall.
Click here for more information on MMR’s awards and accomplishments.
MMR has served as the industry leader in instrumentation and electrical construction, maintenance and technical services for more than 50 years. Under the leadership of President and CEO James “Pepper” Rutland, MMR continues to grow both regionally and nationally with over 25 branch offices throughout the United States as well as in Canada, Colombia, Trinidad, Venezuela and Ecuador.